A Herculean task of every writer is getting reviews. Reviews are harder to get than book sales because a reader needs to have read your book to have the will to write a review. Book Reviews helps to connect authors to their readers to the extent of increasing the potential sales of the book to other readers e.g a randomn reader will prefer to buy a book of 50 reviews than a book of lesser reviews, because people want to spend their money on what they are confident of and reviews gives that confidence.
Here’s exactly what this means:
You need reviews, I need reviews
We all need reviews as authors!
In the biggest online book stores like Amazon, Barnes & Nobles, Kobo, Smashwords, Google Books, Apple Books and even GoodReads, reviews are a required factor to increase sales. They are a lot of sites that will help you get reviews like BookSirens, BookSprout and BookRazor, but this comes with paid plans and a price which is inverse to ours. Yes, we are willing to promote your book and help you get reviews for free provided you give the reader who would like to review your book a free copy of your book; then, we can help make sure it gets reviewed. This universal idea bonds a friendship with all review policies of where good books are sold.
Our idea goes hand in hand with Amazon’s book review policies which states to remove a review if any of the below is discovered.
- A review by someone who has a direct or indirect financial interest in the product.
- A review by someone perceived to have a close personal relationship with the product’s owner, author, or artist.
- A review by the product manufacturer, posing as an unbiased shopper. Multiple negative reviews for the same product from one customer.
- A review in exchange for monetary reward.A review of a game in exchange for bonus in-game credits.
- A negative review from a seller on a competitor’s product.
- A positive review from an artist on a peer’s album in exchange for receiving a positive review from them
So what is the idea?
We are organizing a community of authors who will read and review other authors books and get their works reviewed by another community of authors without ever getting to know each other. We call it anonymous cross promotion, and it comes with a lot of benefits as all authors ultimately become readers and reviewers.
- The first fifty (50) verified authors will be sent a list of forty-nine (49) randomn books of other authors to review.
- For verification, free copies of the fifty (50) authors books should be made available to their author reviewers. However, if your books are on promotion like KDP Select, please let us know. If you can’t give your book in exchange for a review either way, this group is NOT for you.
- All verified authors would be anonymously grouped to ensure they stick to online booksellers policies and also ensure the honesty in their reviews. While many authors dread the one-star rating, constructive criticism is important for the growth of us all.
- Verified authors should not review books with clichés or too familiar words. They should give a short or long personal review on each of the forty-nine (49) books they are given because of policies and algorithms of the above online book stores.
- They are fifty (50) authors in the first campaign, if the selected authors can review forty-nine (49) books of other authors, then your book will also be reviewed by forty-nine (49) other authors. However, if you do not write a review for one of the forty-nine (49) books, you will miss out on a review too. If you don’t write reviews for any author, you will get no reviews.
- Subsequently, the verified reviewer must submit a screenshot of his/her reviews in the group being submitted on any of the above online book stores where the listed book can be downloaded or purchased.
- The time duration set for authors to review a book in their list is 3 days or 72 hours, however, if the author can read the book before the set time, he/she may continue his/her reviews for other books on his/her list. However, if the author can’t post a review in time this will vice versa make a review for the author’s book to be delayed. It is important that authors know that for this to work, reviews begets reviews.
Plus each book reviewed, the author will get an editorial review and free interview on the official TLOP website http://www.leagueofpoets.com